Pages

Friday, October 18, 2002

What lies in the dreaming heart of sleep?
Last night was our last casting class. Yesterday was the anniversary of Monica Joseph’s death. Wednesday, missed jewelry. Masha told me that the whole room was full. At least ten people from looking at the signup sheet. Phil London was there, I'm sorry I missed him. John brown and Monica both taught me that you don’t always get a second chance. No matter how many times I said it over in my mind or told myself that life is short, I didn’t get it probably never will. Was it Emily Dickinson who said "Parting is all we Know of Heaven, and all we need of Hell."
Last week I met a beautiful Young woman named Vicky, she was a nurse practitioner who examined me for Dr. Shay. She did tell me that she was forty years old and that I should schedule my next appointment for Tuesday if I wanted to see her again. Perhaps she just wants patient loyalty. All in all I seem to be in perfectly good health. From their point of view. I Really Liked Her, maybe it's just because she listened to all my problems. I feel so low sometimes I don’t believe I could ever be with some one like her. But look at Laurie and Tom, they are both my age and they have each other and they respect me although I think I don't deserve friends like that.
I'm going to see Hsiao-Hsein today for my needle work (accupuncture.) She is a friend. Last week Phil L. told me about the three kinds of people you meet in your life. Some are there for a moment or a day and some for a season. Others that you meet stay with you for a lifetime. Phil L. said that he thought He and I had started one of those latter cycles. I told Hsiao Hsien and she said that she was comfortable with that. I think she thought I was reading more into her relationship with me. She seemed tired that day. Perhaps she will find time to take some class at the Art Center and return to that creative work. Chris gave me good advice about work on one of the bracelets.
Last week we all went over to Teamoh's house to see his cousin Barbara before she returned to New York. They were out side. And after greeting her I noticed that Cherokee had not said anything and that Teamoh had said very little when I went over to Cherokee He looked at the ground and tugged uselessly at some wedelia that had strayed into the path. Tears clogged his eyes. I asked what was wrong and he said “Him.” We went for a walk and talked about why he was mad at his father. We also saw an owl some bats and two toads, one dead in the road the other hidden in the oak leaves and sand. Then Sunday Tom had horrible back pain. He kept Cherokee home from school to look after him. We looked after Cherokee then, after Masha talked him into going to the VA hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome feedback or comments on my blog, but please, no advertisements.