Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Gifts

I ve been trying to keep in touch with my sister. Not an easy thing as I've not seen her since 1984. She lives out in Oregon. I admit to being a little hostile. She never informed me when my father died. I suspect she didn't want interference when she cleared his estate. Last year after promising to send Photos and stuff for about six months, she sent a folder of my grade school records. A recording of Nichol Williamson reading the Hobbit, and a biography of E. E. Cummings. My father gave me the autographed copy shortly after it was given to him. I used to carry it on the train with me in Philadelphia. There were even PSTA ticket stubs marking pages. Sadly she though that my knowledge of Cummings came from some other source. I thought the book was such a fine thing that I used it's title in my high school yearbook. "In the mirror i see a frail man dreaming...dreams in the mirror."
Alice had wrapped the book up as a Christmas present. Sadly I don't think I've ever given her anything nearly as nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome feedback or comments on my blog, but please, no advertisements.