Pages

Saturday, May 29, 2004

Memorial

I'd like to honor my father on this particular memorial day.
It has been over a year since alarmed that he died. And over two years since the event of his death.
George Wheeler seldom spoke of his war time experience, I do not think that he wished to be remembered for that. He was always a gentle and reticent man, with strong opinions that he kept to himself.
I have not seen nor spoken with him since 1986. At that time he wrote that I was no longer welcome in his home.
In 2000, I did gather the courage to write and he told me that he did not wish to renew any relations with me.
Adoptive parents.
They buy you from an agency and then say begone, when you out live your uses.
He used me to gather inheritance from his wealthy relatives. He feathered the nest mightily, for his own retirement. By parading little promises around. Then he cut me loose. I am Lear's daughter, Cordelia.
The poor man knew it too. My sister is a snake. One of god's innocents, she does not know her own venom. I hope she learns what he died for. I think it was her own wish to do good that killed him.
she flew him fro a hospital in Tennessee to a hospital in Oregon. He died the next day. And never told me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome feedback or comments on my blog, but please, no advertisements.