Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2003

south saint pete

I guess it's called the Bay Vista shopping center. Most of the stores are gone. A S(t)ubway, a Muslim run bodega, and a store front church remain. There used to be a funeral home, which was a bank before that. The drive though window must have scared off their customers.
I saw a man with a bleeding face. He said he was jumped by three guys. one bit him. I asked if they took his money and he said they couldn’t take him down. first he said that they were black and then one was white. When his friends showed up, they threatened me with an electronic weapon and promised to hunt me down and kill me. Before they showed up, as I tried to calm this guy down, one of his attackers arrived. Apparently the beating was inspired by a previous incident. The white guy (J) sprayed the black guy(R) with mace and attacked him with a hammer. Previous conflicts involved swords and baseball bats. (R) seemed more reasonable so I convinced him to walk away from it for the moment. we talked and he told me this history. At this point the other people showed up and the threats started escalating one man driving a truck called the police while a woman in the car flashed her stun gun. All these people made threats to each other murder was in the air. I convinced (R) to leave, and a patrol car came. The remaining whites threatened to kill or cripple me and every one involved, indicating that I was one of the assailants. I informed the officer of this and he asked if I was involved in the fight. I said no the cop said leave. One of the younger men followed me to my car and made a phone call. I'm certain that cocaine was involved. But the dispute seems to have stared when R tried to intervene in a domestic fight. J was beating his girl friend and R interrupted, so J got a baseball bat and threatened R who came up with a sword (?!) then J maced R and the R's friends attacked J.
After all this I went to see the deacon next door. He calmed me down, said to stay out of that scene. Then we talked about the rain and how it makes the grass grow.
The owner of the burned out shopping mall wants to build a new apartment complex there. More low-cost housing in one of the most densely populated counties in the U.S.
and those people were hunting that man (R) now they want to hurt me for breaking it up.
Pray the Lord have mercy on us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome feedback or comments on my blog, but please, no advertisements.