Pages

Wednesday, October 16, 2002

At last.... a chance to blog again. I'm not certain what this column is any more. Just repeat news, just me and my ego?At last.... a chance to blog again. I'm not certain what this column is any more. Just repeat news, just me and my ego?
What ever it is , I hope some one reads it. The first blog I read was dervala.net, an Irish lady (young) living in New York (gasp) and trying to keep her life alive. Her guiding metaphor seemed to be mountain climbing, but she quoted Seamus Heaney, and wrote about hanging out in Pubs in NYC. I sort of envy her life. But she pointed out the DEATHCLOCK, and had a lot of morbid Buddhism… which I liked. When I wrote to her she thanked me and said Blogging was like standing on a soapbox in some NYC park where they do that. The whole I-net was collapsing then and still is. I was born in 1962 and put up for adoption. Growing up I assumed that my father went to Vietnam and my mother went to college. I was told that. Pretty myth. Really my [bio]mom (Masha,) was a civil rights activist from a long line of doctors, civil servants and democratic pioneers. There were only two slaves ever named in family records, husband and wife both freed, and with the Irish in our history, some of our people were probably indentured to people like the Camerons.
I wrote to Margaret Wheeler via e-mail…. No response. I’m still afraid of Alice. I wish I had the guts to ask about Horace Cecil Fisher’s trust that he left me. I think the Wheelers spent it all on their trip around the world….or on Alice… she has kids…they must be grown by now, and needing college funds. I went on a PELL grant. And help from Masha.
Now I’m a silversmith and I still need a degree in story telling to be the teacher that I am.
I should be crying the British (Bushes) are coming but all of us know that by now. Saint George and the Saracen dragon….another pretty myth. With the elections rigged as they have been, I doubt that McBride has a chance, but at least he is a Veteran with combat unlike the rich kid we have now.
Now we are in WW3
Who’d a thunk it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome feedback or comments on my blog, but please, no advertisements.